Professional IT SOLUTION
AffluentTEK staffing practice delivers high-quality staffing services built on industry best practices. We work with our clients to recruit and retain the best information technology talent possible read more
AffluentTEK developed a comprehensive approach to consulting that moves clients read more
Our business solutions can help you increase sales, better manage cash flow and enable you to spend quality time. We craft a unique solution that help you better run your business.
Title: - Network Engineer
Location- Dulles, VA
Interview- Phone and In Person
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our growing network infrastructure. This individual is responsible for designing system configurations, directing system installations, documenting and enforcing standards to provide a scalable, maintainable, highly-available network architecture that meets business objectives. Suggesting and implementing innovative solutions that align with the strategic vision of the company are key to this position.
· Plan the implementation of LAN/WAN infrastructure on the production environment and work with vendors to schedule installations.
· Create VLAN for iSCSI traffic, virtual machine LAN, vMotion, preventing VLAN hopping attacks and mitigating spoofing with snooping using IP source guard.
· Configure and install network routers, switches, firewalls, monitor services and perform server backup.
· Implement SSL VPN to facilitate various employees' access internal servers and resources with access restrictions.
· Build and develop configurations on VRFs on the customer edge devices to support MPLS L3 VPNs. The work also involves fixing MPLS based circuits to effectively resolve communication issues.
· Develop and enhance network security, setting up firewall rules for web filtering, inspection of emails, and threat emulation on Checkpoint.
· Maintain documentation of network topology, procedures and equipment configurations.
· Provide technical support for troubleshooting network issues and handle escalated tickets.
· Bachelor’s or higher degree preferred with Computer and Network Engineering background
· Must have recent experience with IT networks (routing, switching, firewalling, network security, data centers, and telecommunications technologies).
· Two or more years of Cisco Router/Switch experience required
· Excellent understanding of networking standards and protocols (e.g., IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, IEEE 802) required
· Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model required