Our business solutions can help you increase sales, better manage cash flow and enable you to spend quality time. We craft a unique solution that help you better run your business.
Title: - Sr. Microsoft windows system Engineer
Location- Arlington, VA
Interview- Phone and In Person
Visa Status : Citizen with active secret clearances.
This position is for a Senior Microsoft Windows Engineer with migration experience to support a Windows Active Directory migration from 2008 to 2012 on a federal services contract. The candidate will be a part of the Server Operations team, working closely with the Network Operations, Engineering, Application, Desktop and Service Desk teams. The candidate will be responsible for producing the SOPs which will be used for the production deployment.
· Troubleshooting of complex and difficult environment problems
· Applying requests for service, complex environment, system configuration changes
· Applying problem management and defect prevention practices
· Configuration, installation and upgrade tasks within the distributed systems environment
· Resources planning, operations and cooperation on application of projects for continual environment and procedures improvement
· Dealing with vendors regarding problems solving or with internal expertise groups
· Normal prime shift support; some rotational shift (time-zones differences); 24/7 on call service
· Work will be performed out of the client’s facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC.
· Active DoD Secret Clearance
· 7+ years of experience in Windows servers (2003/2008/2012), and workstation (7/8/8.1/10).
· Strong skills with DNS
· Microsoft certification (list your MCP ID#): MCSA minimum, MCSE preferred
· Managing a large server base (1000s) across many dispersed networks
· Strong leadership/communication (verbal/writing) abilities
· 1+ years of experience with VMware
· 1+ years of experience in Network topologies
· Experiences in HW design and troubleshooting (IBM, HP, Dell)
· Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, VBscript, ASP, etc.)
· ITIL knowledge minimum; ITIL certification preferred
Primary job duties
Job Duty 1 (75%) – Work on the Engineering and other discrete tasks as assigned
Job Duty 2 (15%) – Provide operational support for Window Servers, MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SSO, PIV/PKI and GPOs
Job Duty 3 (10%) – Develop automated/scripted procedures for commonly executed tasks.
Professional IT SOLUTION
AffluentTEK staffing practice delivers high-quality staffing services built on industry best practices. We work with our clients to recruit and retain the best information technology talent possible read more
AffluentTEK developed a comprehensive approach to consulting that moves clients read more